12'' EP with Disco sleeve. 4 tracks, total playing time approx. 20 mns.
•. Comes with small six-paged booklet
• Tropical Disco Super Sound Series, limited to 1,000 copies
• Four 1986 in demand dancefloor bangers from Trinidad & Tobago’s father of Rapso.
• Some of Lutalo ‘Brother Resistance’ Masimba most popular and rare Rapso tracks.
• Rapso mixes Calypso, Disco, Funk and Poetry combined with drumming, emerging from 1970s Black Power revolution.
• Including an unreleased take of Rapso Space Wars!
• Exclusive first time re-release in cooperation with Brother Resistance
• Superb re-mastering by Tom Meyer at Master & Servant. High-quality pressing.
Out of the social unrest and revolutionary times of the early 1970s a new musical art form emerged on the streets of Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago. A group of young guys started to combine poetry with drumming and created the musical art form that is known today as Rapso.